Call for Art: Modern Heritage
ArtXchange Gallery is currently accepting submissions for an October/November group exhibition exploring the perpetuation of one’s cultural heritage in today’s globalized, post-modern society.
- How do artists express the intersecting elements of their identity, from DNA to familial tradition to contemporary daily life?
- How do individuals who are immigrants and/or diasporic children claim and preserve their culture when separated from their communities, homeland or language?
- How does lineage and ancestral knowledge shape the way we see the world around us?
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 28. Selected artists will be notified by Sept 7.
- Submit up to five images no larger than 2 mb of currently available artworks to be exhibited. All media will be considered, including installation and new media.
- Include an image list with artwork title, medium, dimensions and short description of each work.
- Artist bio and/or resume.
- Short statement addressing the artwork and it’s connection to the themes listed above.
Update: Submissions from all locations are welcomed. Please note that the gallery cannot offer shipping coverage for this exhibit.